I just received my February Birch Box and this month’s products are an interesting mix of hit and miss items. If you are not yet familiar with BirchBox, it’s a monthly beauty subscription service that is just $10 a month and you can cancel at anytime with no penalty. Based on a beauty profile that you fill out upon subscription, you will receive 4-5 deluxe beauty products a month. Sign up yourself or get more info at Birchbox.com.
Here is what I got this month:
- BLK DNM Perfume 11- This perfume is by the denim brand of the same name, it’s a spicy perfume that is supposed to give you a dose of downtown cool. I don’t love the scent. I’ve received a few perfumes from birchbox since I subscribed and haven’t really been impressed with any of them unfortunately,
- Exude Lip Creme- I really like this lip gloss/lipstick, this is where birchbox’s personalized beauty profile really comes in handy. Instead of sending everyone the same generic color, they go off of your beauty profile and send you the right shade for your skin tone. I got a honey brown shade which is exactly what I would have picked out in the store. It goes on creamy and feels cool and minty on your lips. The gloss is dispensed from a crystal applicator and stays on for quite a while. Apparently Rachel Zoe loves this lip creme and so do I.
- Eye Rock Designer Liner- This is something I’ve never heard of. This single-use stick-on liner gives you the perfect cat eye so you don’t have to fuss with a liquid liner. This is perfect for me because I have not conquered the liquid liner challenge. I have not tried this yet but I’ll save them for a glam night out and review them then.
- LA Fresh Eco-Beauty Acetone-Free Nail Polish Remover- I got two of these individually packed pads that combine a natural mix of botanicals and aloe vera. Each pad is supposed to have just enough product for either ten toes or fingers. The pad didn’t feel as wet as I expected it to be so I didn’t think it would work, but lo-and-behold not only did it remove the purple polish from my toes, the same pad also removed the clear polish from my finger nails. These pads are great if you travel alot. My nails felt moisturized and didn’t wreak of that nasty nail polish remover smell after. You know what I’m talking about.
- As a lifestyle extra, I also got an adorable heart-shaped nail file and a free digital download of six free songs from the band Green River Ordinance. I could be missing out but I think I’ll pass on the free downloads.
- Beauty Blender Makeup Sponge-So this didn’t actually come in my birchbox, it came in my coworker’s. We often compare box’s because we sometimes get different things based on our individual beauty profiles. She could tell I was bummed because I didn’t get this adorable pink sponge and so kindly let me have it. This cone-shaped sponge is awesome. You wet it and squeeze out the excess water before putting your foundation on it. This sponge evenly applies your foundation without sucking up and wasting your product. If you wet the whole sponge it expands to twice the size in case you desire a larger sponge. I absolutely love this product and think it’s the best thing I’ve ever gotten from birchbox. I was watching Kimora Lee Simmons on TV and her makeup artist was using this sponge, so it appears to be an industry staple. You can get a box of two for $29.50, I think I’m definitely going to order more. Thanks Danielle for sharing your sponges withe me!
5 thoughts on “February Birchbox”
Have you tried any of the other boxes like ecoemi or conscious box? Just curious how this one stacks up to other, similar services. I just recently saw conscious box and also luxebox- have you used any other box services?
I haven’t used any other beauty subscriptions yet but I’m going to look into these. there is also one called Beauty army but it’s not as good from what I’ve heard.
Absolutely love your blog! Looks like we are interested in the same things so i would really love if you could check out my blog too, I’m still a newbie to this whole blog scene so I would really appreciate if you had any feedback or suggestions! 🙂 x
Thank you so much! That means a lot,I’m still a newbie myself. I like your blot too, ill definitely take a look around. My first advice is be patient, your readers will come overtime and tag everything.
Thank you so much! That means so so much to me that you took the time to read my blog! 🙂 Keep up the good work..your blog is awesome!