I’m loving Birchbox’s themes lately. This month’s theme is Gossip Girl which is a show I watch regularly, even though I detest Serena Van Der Woodson. I don’t think this box will necessarily turn me into an Upper Eastsider but I am having a good time playing with the products just the same. If you are not yet familiar with BirchBox, it’s a monthly beauty subscription service that is just $10 a month and you can cancel at anytime with no penalty. Based on a beauty profile that you fill out upon subscription, you will receive 4-5 deluxe beauty products a month. Sign up yourself or get more info at Birchbox.com.
Here’s what I got this month:
- BVLGARI Omnia Crystalline Eau de Toilette Spray-This scent is inspired by luminescent crystals and has notes of lotus flowers, bamboo, and Nashi pear. This combo sounds like a good idea but I didn’t care for it.
- Color Club Nail Polish in Clambake Coral-I think this nail polish is supposed to invoke thoughts of summers in the Hamptons (not that I know what that’s like) but it just reminds me of a hot mess because that’s what my toes look like. This polish is very matte and it came out very clumpy and in uneven streaks. Then I put a glitter polish on top to disguise the imperfections, let’s just say that was a bad idea.
- Kiehl’s Abyssine Cream-This is an anti-aging moisturizer that uses microscopic Abyssine molecules to soften wrinkles and protect skin from radical damage. I’ve been slathering this on the last few nights, it’s nice and thick.
- Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Conditioner-This deep conditioner has exotic ojon and monoi oils in it to smooth and hydrate damaged hair. I have been wanting to try Ojon for a long time and will be posting a review once I give it a test run.
- My Birchbox extra was cute little notecard with XOXO printed on it and a hot pink envelope.
Until next month XOXO-