Hey guys! I’m back with a new look and a new name, so welcome officially to The Beauty Spell! I chose this name because feeling beautiful both inside and out has the ability to transform our emotions and physical appearance, much like magic. It doesn’t matter how great you look on the outside if you feel rotten on the inside though. I plan on revamping my topics to also focus on mind and spirit in addition to the body. I hope you like the changes to come and I’m always open to suggestions.
Back to business though, I received my July Birch Box a few days ago and they just keep getting better and better. This month Birch Box has teamed up with Glamour Magazine to bring us a box that is inspired by the five senses and guarantees a multi-sensory experience. If you are not yet familiar with BirchBox, it’s a monthly beauty subscription service that is just $10 a month and you can cancel at anytime with no penalty. Based on a beauty profile that you fill out upon subscription, you will receive 4-5 deluxe beauty products a month. Sign up yourself or get more info at Birchbox.com.
July’s beauty booty includes:
- Color Club Nail Polish in Blue-Ming-This polish is a turquoise-green that reminds me of spring. I received a coral polish from this brand in another Birch Box and I didn’t care for it. It was very matte and opaque and was very clumpy and streaky on me. Hopefully I’ll have better luck with this shade.
- Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner-I’ve never been a fan of liquid eyeliners, every time I’ve used one I’ve botched it majorly. I’m a long-time devotee to eye pencils…until now that is! This liner has a pen-style applicator that’s long and firm. It makes it much easier to keep your hand steady and apply a straight line. I did a perfect cat eye on my first try. I would love to buy this liner in a few other shades. Eyeko is a cool brand from London and a full-size liner is just $15.00.
- HarveyPrince Eau Flirt Perfume-Self described as the fragrance equivalent to a wink, the notes include citrus and jasmine over a base of lavender and pumpkin. I didn’t smell any pumpkin, this perfume smells sweet and fresh with a hint of apple.
- Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum-This is an SPF 30 serum that’s meant to be worn under your makeup. I have not tried this out yet, I’m trying to save it for when I travel. I’ve heard amazing things about Supergoop though and can’t wait to try it.
- Tea Forte Minteas-These tea-infused mints come in a darling little case and are shaped like tiny leaves. I received the flavor ginger pear which is a little unusual. The Ginkgo and pear are supposed to help your mind refocus. They are refreshing but taste a little like vitamin like. The after taste is very childhood Flintstone vitaminy.
- Birch Box Exclusive Earbuds- I absolutely adore these neon green and pink earbuds. They are a lot of fun and remind me of summer.
What did you get in your Birch Box this month?