I’m sorry it’s been a while since my last post. Between my job, my new workout regimen and a death in the family, I’ve been exhausted mentally and physically. I’m getting back into the swing of things though and nothing is better for inspiration than a new Birchbox.
The theme for August’s Birchbox is Beauty School. This month’s theme is devoted to the “tools of the trade” for getting beautiful. It even came with a cute pamphlet filled with beauty advice. If you are not yet familiar with BirchBox, it’s a monthly beauty subscription service that is just $10 a month and you can cancel at anytime with no penalty. Based on a beauty profile that you fill out upon subscription, you will receive 4-5 deluxe beauty products a month. Sign up yourself or get more info at Birchbox.com.
Here’s what I got this month:
- Schick Hydro Silk Razor- I can always use extra razors especially in the summer and if you read my blog regularly, I just recently did a post praising the Schick Quattro razor. I love this brand. The Hydro silk razor has a water-activated serum that moisturizes the skin while you shave. Reviews to come!
- Caldrea Hand Soap- This lovely all-natural soap has aloe vera and olive oil in it to soften hands. Caldrea also has wonderful eco-friendly cleaning supplies.
- Osmotics Blue Copper 5 firming Elasticity Repair- I’ve never heard of this brand before. This copper-infused cream is actually a light blue. It goes on nice and thick and feels creamy, it also has anti-aging properties. I only use it at night because there is no SPF. And no, it doesn’t make your skin blue.
- Shu Uemura Art of Hair Moisture Velvet Nourishing Shampoo and Treatment- My highlighted parched hair needs a dose of moisture. Shu Uemara is a high-end brand I could probably never afford, so I’m excited to try these samples. The only problem is they are small and my hair is very thick. I will be trying them out this weekend, so reviews to come.
- Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy Fleur- Blah, I’m not into super floral perfumes so I didn’t care for it. It has notes of wild berries, mandarin, and waterlily.