This month’s Birchbox is pretty good, it’s just a hodgepodge of things to kick off the fall season. Birchbox has come a long way in two years. To thank their subscribers, they made an adorable thank you video. Click here to watch it on youtube, you’ll love them even more!
If you are not yet familiar with Birchbox, it’s a monthly beauty subscription service that is just $10 a month and you can cancel at anytime with no penalty. Based on a beauty profile that you fill out upon subscription, you will receive 4-5 deluxe beauty products a month. Sign up yourself or get more info at Birchbox.com.
Here’s what I got this month:
- Color Club Custom Nail Polish: Birchbox teamed up with Color Club to make custom shades for the fall 2012 collection. I got a cool gunmetal grey shade that I really like. I find Color club polishes to be hit or miss, they are weirdly matte but this one is just right and a decent shade.
- Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Treatment System: I haven’t used this sample pack yet, so I have no review just yet. This is a good pack though, it comes with shampoo, conditioner, and a leave-in treatment to repair split ends. It’s infused with amino acids and coconut oil which I love.
- Twistband: This is a lace “ouchless” hair tie. I find these ties great for working out, they hold tight without pulling out or snagging your hair.
- Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvinator: This exfoliating cleanser boasts papaya enzymes and microderm crystals to brighten the skin. I love this cleanser! The crystals are blended so finely, it doesn’t irritate or scratch the skin. Amazing!
- Youngblood Mineral Primer: this clear gel primer goes on so smooth and makes skin feel baby soft. I normally don’t use primers but this is really nice.
- Lifestyle Extra: I got a nice packet of teas from the Mighty Leaf Tea Company. I love tea so these are great. This month’s birchbox also came with a cool fall look book full of beauty tips.